I started this quilt back in 2013 at a sewing retreat. The pattern is from a book by Pam and Nicky Lintott which I borrowed from the library but I can't recall the title. Whilst I really like the pattern and individually I like most of the fabrics I'm not overly keen on how I positioned the fabrics together in the centre of the blocks. I also ran out of the light border fabrics and had to use a different one in some areas which I don't think looks great either.
I don't agree with giving dodgy quilts to charities but I decided to donate it to Siblings Together as I think the faults I see in the quilt probably don't bother other people and the overall look of the quilt is OK.
Believe it or not I bought the backing fabric especially for this quilt but didn't work out how much I needed and wildly under-estimated the quantity, consequently I had to piece quite a big panel to make it big enough.
The quilt o metre has now gone up to 19 finished quilts with lots of activity still going on with people making many more.