Tuesday 27 September 2011

Cushion (or pillow) number one.

Pillow or cushion? I suppose it depends on which side of the Atlantic you live but to me it's a cushion. Anyway, we could do with a new dining table and chairs but as the table is used for homework, as an occasional sewing table etc and I would be paranoid about damaging a new one we gave our old set some TLC and I made some new seat cushions.
I fancied trying some new patchwork techniques and thought it would be fun to make each one different.
The first is the Mod Mosaic Pillow from a tutorial by Oh Fransson! This is a great, fun method for using scraps and I would recommend giving it a go.

Mod Mosaic Pillow, design by Oh, Fransson!






 It's hard to see the quilting properly but I quilted it in random free machined square and rectangle spirals.

Back soon with another of my new cushions.
Maria x









2 comments:

Sarah said...

Ohhh pillow love happening over your way as well!

Rhonda the Rambler said...

Rhonda aka Quilter in the Gap here from the Duo QAL....this is one beautiful pillow. Wondeful to have you in the QAL. I love this pillow.