Sunday 15 April 2012

Geese Around the World Mini Quilt

I recently finished a mini quilt taken from the book Quilting From Little Things by Sarah Fielke. The quilt I chose to make was Geese Around The World. It's a paper pieced flying geese design. I found the instructions well written but the only critisism I had was that if you sewed on the printed side of the pattern as the instructions in the section on paper piceing at the back of the book tells you too, the geese would be flying in the opposite direction to the ones on the quilt which does not match with the diagram in the instructions.This confused  my little brain.

I used similar colours as sarah's quilt but didn't have any spotty fabric for the background which was a shame as it looks really cute.
Here's the quilt from the book.


And here's my version.



I don't know what happened to the bottom pink goose, it seems to have lost it's point! I loved the binding Sarah used on her quilt. I would never in a million years have thought to have used that fabric with the colour scheme of the quilt. Luckily I had a similar fabric left over from another project and am really pleased with how it looks. It  reminds me of a wooden picture frame.

Bye for now, Maria


3 comments:

Catherine said...

wow, what a fabulous little mini quilt you have done!

Sarah said...

Well done!!!

Looks great. What have you got planned for it?

Oh and I really like your new header. Thinking I need to freshen mine up as well s my profile piccy but do you think I have any idea what to do? Noooooo!

Quilterbell said...

very pretty!