Tuesday 2 September 2014

Off to the State Fair.

It's time for a quick visit to the State Fair, although I do live in the wrong country.

I've been enjoying deciding which fabrics to use for the State Fair flowers. It's been fun doing some fussy cutting for them.


The fabrics used for the flowers above and for the top left flower in the first picture are by Nel Whatmore from her Secret Garden range.  
Here's how the flowers look with the chain blocks.

 I'm loving how different the quilt is looking to the original which you can see in my last post.

I think I've got ten more of each block to go. All good fun.

Maria.


8 comments:

Unknown said...

Very pretty, I love those purple flowers in particular :)

Susan said...

This is gorgeous Maria! I love the checkerboard blocks - they really complement the stars!

Fran said...

Wow, these are such striking blocks! It's going to be amazing...

QuiltCandy said...

Oh wow these are gorgeous Maria! I love your fabric choices too. I can't wait to see it finished :-)

lalaluu said...

This is so fun! I can't wait to see more of it!

Sabrina said...

Wow! Your fabric selection is perfect for the blocks. This is stunning!

sewkalico said...

Wow!

Kaja said...

This is looking great. I love your use of really vibrant colours.