Friday 22 May 2015

Pretty sewing time.

I mentioned previously that I was feeling the need to do some pretty sewing, so last weekend I did exactly that.

I was surprised when I realised that this cushion was started just over a year ago! It has sat around for ages waiting to be turned into a completed cushion.


The design is by Tacha Bruecher from the book Pillow Pop complied by Heather Bostic.
The little Union Jacks measure 4.5" by 2.5" and were quite fiddly to make but I do like them a lot.


The colours in this cushion inspired me to make another in similar spring / summery colours. 

This one is my own "design", if you can call it that as it's very simple.
I thought I'd  positioned the squares in an alternate pink and green pattern and it wasn't until the day after I'd completed it did I notice those three pink squares in the bottom left corner and also the predominantly green ones in the row above!

I couldn't resist this cute owl fabric by Michael Miller.
These two now sit side by side on our living room sofa but
 things do look best displayed in threes so I think I really did ought to make another...........


7 comments:

Susan said...

What delightful cushions Maria! Pink and green is one of my favorite color combinations! And they certainly cover the pretty requirement!

Indigo Blue said...

Lovely fabric and great cushions. I have had a bit of a cushion making month and just pondering whether to make another for a friends birthday or not.

Kim said...

Such pretty cushions, Maria. Love, love, love the fabrics. One can never have too many cushions....the more the merrier I think.

Fran said...

Really love both of these, they are very much the colours and styles I go for too!

Mavi. said...

Que bonitos, los dos cojines, un acierto con la combinación de telas.
Genial.

Ruth said...

Definitely make another - you can never have too many cushions and these are gorgeous!

al ghadeer said...

شركة تنظيف مكيفات بالرياض
شركة تنظيف مكيفات بشمال الرياض
شركة تنظيف مكيفات جنوب الرياض
افضل شركة تنظيف مكيفات سبليت
اسعار تنظيف المكيفات
اسعار تنظيف المكيفات السبلت
شركة تنظيف مكيفات بالخرج
كم سعر تنظيف مكيف سبليت
فنى مكيفات بالرياض
شركة صيانة مكيفات بالرياض
شركة تنظيف مكيفات بالدمام
شركة تنظيف مكيفات بالظهران
شركة تنظيف مكيفات بالخبر
شركة تنظيف مكيفات بالقطيف
شركة تنظيف مكيفات بسيهات
شركة تنظيف مكيفات بعنك
شركة تنظيف مكيفات بصفوى
شركة تنظيف مكيفات بالجبيل
شركة تنظيف مكيفات بالاحساء
شركة تنظيف مكيفات ببقيق
نتيجة الثانوية العامة 2019