Friday 1 January 2016

A quick round up.

I've never been one to worry about how many quilts, cushions etc I make in a year but when I looked back on 2015 I was rather surprised, and admittedly disappointed at the small number of completed projects.


 The above cushion was started and completed in 2015 and the one below was started in 2014 but finished in 2015.

 I made this quilt for my husband, again started in 2014 and finished in 2015.


Quite a lot of my sewing time was spent on making quilts and bee blocks for Siblings Together, something I'm more than happy to spend my time on. This will continue in 2016 as myself and Nicky are going to continue rallying the troops on our Siblings Together Quilt Group blog and on Instagram,  as well as making quilts ourselves. I think I managed to send five quilts to the charity this year. Three of these were bee/group quilts I completed and two I made all by myself!

I plan to finish the next two quilt tops during the next few months. I just looked back on the blog to see when this one was started and was surprised that it was back in September 2014. It's now bigger than in the picture and I've started quilting it, although I've not done any for a while. I've cleared the decks in my sewing room ready to do some more this weekend.


This next one was started a few months ago. It involves both paper and curved piecing and has presented some "fitting" challenges which have required some pattern alteration but I think I'm there now. Another six blocks to go.

I'll do a proper post about this next one soon but briefly, the Strips bees are doing another round of the bee with a different theme and this is what I made to start off my quilt.
Bye for now, Maria

4 comments:

Catherine said...

Lovely makes - it's quality that counts :-) Happy New Year! Look forward to seeing more in 2016.

QuiltCandy said...

What beautiful work Maria, and there's a lot of it too, don't be hard on yourself!! And good on you for tackling curved seams, not my favourite at all! Looking forward to seeing what you create in 2016 :-) xx

Archie The Wonder Dog said...

So many gorgeous projects - that sewing machine is stunning!

ابو السيد said...


بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم نحن فى شركة الكمال نقوم بجميع خدمات نقل العفش والاساس بافض الطرق تحت اشراف

فريق كبير مدرب على اعلى مستوى من المستويات مع الفك والتركيب
شركة نقل اثاث بالطائف
شركة نقل اثاث بجازان
شركة نقل اثاث بحائل
والسلامة عليكم ورحمة الله وبركاته