Thursday 3 July 2008

post number one.






Well after being a reader of other people's blogs for a while I've finally decided to start my own.
I haven't a clue what I'm doing at the moment but am sure I will learn as I go along.
I intend this to be mainly a craft blog to record my sewing endevours but may also include bits and pieces from my daily life as a diary for myself. Not sure if I will include pictures of my family as not sure if I want them to be "out there" in cyber space.
Will this be a whim that fades off in a while? Not sure at the moment.

How often will I post? Not sure at the moment.

Will I be too lazy to take and load the photos? Not sure at the moment.

Will I spend too long doing this and not getting on with cleaning, shopping, ironing, gym etc.? Not sure at the moment.

Will I be an embarressed blogger who doesn't tell her family and friends about her blogging (we are a shy lot us English)? Not sure at the moment.

How do you get other people to read your blogs? Not sure at the moment.

So many not sures, so much to find out!

I sew on my trusty janome, not sure which model but it is fairly basic. It has been a faithful friend for about 8years now. The picture above shows it with some fabric I put together to make my version of a beautiful quilt from one of Kaffe Fassett's books, can't remember which book but it is called the 'Post Card' quilt, the other picture shows it in the book.
I will post a picture of my progress soon.
Well that's it then, my first post, lots to learn and hopefully lots of blogging friends to make.

3 comments:

Knit Sew City Girl said...

Hello! Welcome to blogland. I'm fairly new as well, but it has been fun so far.

oge said...

Hi Maria and welcome as well. Am new to blogging and really it has been a fun way to learn. So you're not on your own. I like the features you've got already and look froward to the rest

Stephanie said...

Welcome to blogland!