Sunday 19 April 2009

Spring swap parcels received.

We have just returned from spending time with friends in the beautiful Peak District of England and on my return I was excited to discover that my Spring Swap parcel was waiting for me. I had been lucky to have been partnered with Tami from bearypatch. She made me a beautiful project bag and needle case. I love the fabrics she has chosen. The bag comes complete with pockets all round the outside which are decorated with some exquisite blanket stitch applique butterflies and yoyo flowers with buttons in the middle. I have some new display shelves in my sewing room and the bag will take pride of place there when it's not in use.


Tami must have known that I need a needle case as I'm always loosing my needles. This is also decorated with yoyo flowers. I was also lucky to receive some pretty fat quarters which I'm sure will be used soon. Tami also sent some yummy chocolate. Huge thanks Tami for everything.

Many thanks to Linda for organising the swap, it's been great fun.

I can now show one of the items I made for the swap as my partner has received them. I say one of the items as I didn't take pictures of the others - woops!

My partner was Bonnie from Calamity Jane's Cottage. I made Bonnie her very own cottage (wall hanging!) with roses growing over it as I know she likes the cottagey style. I embroidered her blog name on it as it seemed to very appropriate. Bonnie has done a lovely blog post here about her gifts.

Bye for now, Maria

9 comments:

Sarah said...

What a lovely gift to receive!

Abby and Stephanie said...

What a terrific surprise to return home to. Such a pretty bag and needlecase.

Sherri said...

What a great gift to receive...and I love the cottage you made for Bonnie!!!

our shabby cottage said...

Gorgeous present received and gorgeous one given.

Simone de Klerk said...

You received such a cute bag and needle case! I love the cottage quilt you made for this swap too!

wonderwoman said...

what a lovely swap partner you had - such gorgeous gifts.

x

Calamity Jane's Cottage, Bonnie said...

Hi Maria, great spring swap gifties you received and you know I loved mine.
Don't you just hate it when you mail something and forget to take pictures, I've done that a lot.
Keep Stitchen'
Bonnie

Gone to Earth said...

What a lovely gift from your swap partner. That's a gorgeous bag. I love your wall hanging too. Her very own cottage with roses. Lucky girl.

Anonymous said...

What a lovely bag and needlecase. I hope you had a great hols. Thanks for visiting my blog.

I am having a lot of fun making for the Christmas in July swap fellow UKer. :-)

What a pretty cottage you sent.