Thursday 30 April 2009

Birdy quilt off to its new owner!



At last I finished this quilt for the Doll Quilt Swap and it's in the mail heading off to its new owner. It was very difficult letting go of this one as it has taken many hours to make. It's been great fun to do but as I was making it I began to wonder whether it was rather a complicated design to do as a swap quilt. I wondered whether I must be mad to put all this work into something I am sending to a stranger, but I suppose that's the nature of doing these swaps. I am rather proud of it as I think it has turned out really well. I hope my partner likes it. I'm waiting for mine to arrive now.

The photo's don't look as good as they do on my computer. Does anyone else find that the quality of their photos diminish when they're loaded onto blogger?

I took these two pictures of Alchemilla Mollis in my graden with the morning dew drops sitting on the leaves. Don't the droplets of water look amazing?



Off to the gym now! Bye for now, Maria.

13 comments:

Sal said...

I love your quilt! I can see why it must be hard to let go of it!!Your swap partner is so lucky!
;-)

Abby and Stephanie said...

So very cute. Hoping you receive something equally as lovely in return! It would definitely be a hard one to send off.

Unknown said...

How cute is this...love the fabrics you have used..Lovely & Bright..
cheers

Amanda said...

I think I'd have been tempted to whip up something else a bit smartly and to keep the birdy quilt - it's so cheerful and such fun. I was thinking just the same about our alchemilla mollis the other day - you get the same effect of diamonds in lupin leaves too.

Kris said...

I love your birdy quilt! Gosh you did a great job with it! I love to make hard/intricate/time consuming things for swaps. It gives me the opportunity to stretch myself and I feel so happy to be sending my very best to my partner. I'm sure your partner will love your swap quilt!

Jude said...

Sorry, but I would have kept that quilt, it's so cute.
The photos look great, I love the drops of rain on the leaves.

Andrea said...

This is one of the loveliest swap quilts ever - I wish it was coming to me xx

Calamity Jane's Cottage, Bonnie said...

Maria, Your doll quilt is so cute and the colors, I know she will love it. I think that's just a part of giving. It makes us feel so good. Beautiful work...
Keep Stitchen'
Bonnie

Sherri said...

I love your quilt...it looks wonderful...so I imagine it must be amazing in "real life!"

quiltygal said...

Gorgeous quilt ...love the bags on your sidebar..

Marie said...

Oh Maria I love your Birdie Quilt.It would have been hard to mail it off. How are you? Hugs, Marie

Simone de Klerk said...

Maria, your quilt is stunning! Great colors and a wonderful design. Wow, wish you were my swap partner!

Marja. said...

omg!!! i,me the new owner! and so happy with this.i see that your heart is there in.
bright colors, yellow background, birds...totally perfect.